Everything that NHG does is the result of work by volunteers! New volunteers are essential to keeping the group "fresh" and for bringing in new ideas for how we can provide our members with quality programs and fulfill our mission to bring genealogy education to the North Hills and beyond.
Below are descriptions of particular leadership positions that are currently open and looking for someone to occupy. This list is not exhaustive - if you would like to help NHG in any way, please contact us at INFO@NORTHHILLSGENEALOGISTS.ORG and we'll find an opportunity that fits with your talents. Most of the positions can be filled by members who are not local to the Pittsburgh area, and are marked "can be remote."
Program Committee Members
NHG needs volunteers to help coordinate and bring wonderful programming to our membership. We need individuals who can do the following:
- Programs Chair: Contact potential speakers about speaking at NHG meetings (can be remote).
- Update the NHG website, newsletter, and Board with meeting information (can be remote).
- Introduce speakers at meetings and field questions from the audience (in-person).
- Help to set-up and coordinate hybrid meetings (in-person).
British Isles Special Interest Group (SIG) Facilitator:
Cheerio to ye Lords and Ladies!
The British Special Interest Group (SIG) is ready to start up again … alas, we need a facilitator. Could you be the one??
- Set a schedule of meetings for the year, usually once per month
- Determine if meetings are in person or online
- Secure space if in person, or schedule Zoom meetings (assistance provided by NHG board member)
- Identify discussion topics with SIG members
- Provide a positive and respectful space for the sharing of information
- Encourage the sharing of research and knowledge among members
- Facilitate discussions
The British Isles SIG covers these areas: England, Scotland, Wales, and Ireland.
Support is provided by the NHG Board of Directors.
Please contact our vice president, Linda Loewer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Finance Committee Members:
Help the treasurer with the preparation of annual budget, monthly reports and payment of invoices. This person could be local to Pittsburgh or remote.